After I toured the Upper Peninsula of Michigan, my next destination was Soldiers Grove, Wisconsin, where I attended a weekend rally for members of the Concours Owners Group. They had obtained permission from the town to set up camp in the town park. However, a nearby road construction zone caused a major detour directly along one side of the park, resulting in significant noise, especially from heavy trucks. I opted to take a room in a motel in town, where I could also have electricity and access to the Internet.
I regret very much not taking many pictures during my visit to Wisconsin.
Here are maps of my routes around Wisconsin along with a few photos:
1. Escanaba, MI to Soldiers Grove, WI (July 8, 2011)
2. Loop Ride near Soldiers Grove (July 9, 2011)
3. Soldiers Grove to Ladysmith (July 10, 2011)
4. Ladysmith to Cameron (July 11, 2011)
These photos were taken just before and during our day-trip to Cameron:
5. Ladysmith, WI to Duluth, MN (July 12, 2011)
6. Wisconsin to South Dakota (July 17, 2011)
My travelogue report for this segment of my journey can be read here.
These two photos were taken in the Palisades State Park near Sioux Falls, South Dakota: